Diabetes Burnout provides clear information on what burnout is, quotes from people who have experienced burnout, and self-assessment tools for people living with diabetes to identify the symptoms they may be facing. The booklet offers readers practical tools to understand what their own triggers are, what action they can take to improve their symptoms and what they can do to reduce the chance of experiencing burnout again. In addition, the booklet highlights the support available and provides helpful links to sources and organisations where patients can go for further information on type 1 diabetes.
An ideal resource for people living with type 1 diabetes and their healthcare team, including clinical psychologists, specialist nurses, endocrinologists and general practitioners.
- Guided self-help resource for use in paediatric or adult diabetes teams, or primary care
- Designed for people with type 1 diabetes aged 14+
- For use when burnout has been identified (defined as a high level of diabetes distress that has resulted in a reduction in diabetes management behaviours)
- Diabetes Burnout is the first book in the Talking Type 1 range and was published in Wales in 2018
- Highly commended in the 2020 Quality in Care Diabetes awards